Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Surgery 3 - 1 week post op

Today is one week post op. I removed the pain pump last Friday (not as bad as I expected), and then the sponge on the outside of Jack's left ear on Sunday. Here is a picture of his ear after the top sponge was removed last Sunday:















It was good to remove just a few stitches so that I could be prepared for today. This evening we removed the rest of the stitches and the sponges. Jack did pretty well through it all and didn't cry. Of course, there was plenty of sugary bribery involved...

I am behind at home, behind at work and just generally behind in everything. It will be a miracle if anyone sees a Christmas card from us... So, a short post here and some pics of the sponge removal...























And, last but not least... Can you say ornery?????

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks so grown up!
Merry Christmas

Monica Crumley said...

So glad he's doing so well. It was nice chatting w/ you all over donuts -- Jack looks great. Thanks for sharing your blog, too. (PS: the boys' underwear comment had me laughing :-) )

Fries said...

I was so happy knowing this blog. Great improvement on Jack. My daughter who is 3 months old now also have bilateral microtia-atresia. We love seeing Jack and his improvement...Please keep us updated on Jack.

Thanks.

Nelson Muntz said...

I'm glad he is doing well.

sahil said...

well done, keep it up and you will be fine