This afternoon we had our pre-op appointment with CEI. Unfortunately, Dr. Roberson and Dr. Colon were called into an emergency surgery at Stanford. A bit stressful for us, but the staff did a great job of answering our questions in the absence of the surgeons. There was some minor confusion about which ear would be operated on tomorrow. I think we have settled on the right ear. We will confirm in the morning when we meet with the surgeons.
We are waiting tonight to hear from the anethesiologist. He is supposed to call tonight to just check in with us and see if we have any questions.
We called Darby, Carter and Jaden and it appears that Grandma Herne hasn't given up and driven back to Wyoming - whew! Sounds like the kids got to go out to dinner and that seemed to be a hit.
So, in the morning, we have to be at the surgery center at 6:00am. We have never been there before, so we are leaving our hotel at 5:30am. Jack doesn't get to eat or drink anything after midnight tonight, so he should be all kinds of cheery. We are feeling better after our appointment today. They gave us all kinds of ways to get in touch with people if we have any questions or concerns and a few people from the Let Them Hear Foundation (http://www.letthemhear.org/) will be coming by to stay with us while we go crazy waiting. The Let Them Hear Foundation Insurance Advocacy Program helped us get our insurance to pay for Jack's BAHA (hearing aid) - they are really great people and I was so touched when they called today to say that they will be coming by to support us.
The surgery is expected to last about 7 hours. That will be one long wait...
Here are some before pics of Jack's ears and Jack playing in our hotel room.
Any and all prayers are welcome - tomorrow will be a long day for us all.