Monday, December 08, 2008

Leaving for Surgery...

Tomorrow morning Jack and I will head to LA for Jack's final surgery of the year. Hopefully this will be his last surgery...

We have a pre-op appointment with Dr. Reinisch late tomorrow and then have to be at the surgery center at 7:15am on Wednesday to check in. I am anxious to get this behind us, a little worried about what we are in for regarding recovery, and concerned of course for Jack. It is always a little nerve wracking to have such a young child under anesthesia.

The good news is that this surgery will be shorter - about 4 hours - and should have a much easier recovery. Dr. Reinisch has told me that we will have to remove stitches ourselves and probably the pain pump that will be used for the skin graft site. This will save us from another trip to LA, but I am not sure I can do it! I may have to recruit a little help...

Chris has to stay here for the week for other obligations. My mom arrives on Thursday to help with the kids. I am forever grateful to my friend, Trish for going to LA with me. It will be nice to have some company during the long wait and also an extra pair of hands.

More tomorrow...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sonja,
I have been thinking about you and Jack all day. Hopefully everything goes well. Love you guys!

Victoria

LARA CANSIN BAYRAM said...

YOU ARE LOVE YOUR SON REALLY

Salman Haris said...

I hope,, you all be patience...