Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The naughty boy...

Jack has been a bit of a pill the last several days. His ornery factor is very high. He is picking on Jaden, pulling dogs tails, doesn't want to go to bed, and just is generally argumentative about nearly everything. I recall going through this the last time. Last time, we chalked it up to a possible sensory overload because of the new hearing. This time, I think he may just be trying to make me nuts. Or, maybe he is just a smart boy, getting away with everything he can while people are doting on him and feeling sorry for him?

Anyway, he can hear very well right now. I was in a room downstairs and he was coming down the stairs and was asking where I was. I said (loudly, but not yelling) that I was downstairs and to come on down. He hollered, "Okay, mommy, I'm coming!" I about fell off my chair. His speech is really pretty good right now and he is using more and more complicated sentences. A big difference since his surgery. I am assuming it is from his ear being cleaned out.

We have a post op appointment with Dr. Colen on Friday.

More soon.

Sonja

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris and Sonja,
Its wonderful to hear the surgery went well. We have all been thinking of you and Jack. A note: my sister had audio perosis a few years ago and her inner ear bones completely deteriorated. The replaced them with synthetic bones and she now has about 90% hearing. Take care,
love you all
Jeff and Lesley