Sunday, August 24, 2008

The best (or worst) mom ever!

It all depends on your perspective...

Yesterday, Chris and Carter were off at a soccer tournament and I stayed here for Darby's tourney. Jack and Jaden stayed here with us, so we were busy as usual. So after Darby's games, I did some things around the house and before I knew it, it was 4:30pm. Dinner time was approaching and my charges would soon begin asking the dreaded question, "What's for dinner???" So, to head it off at the pass, I suggested that Darby look up a movie on the internet. We were goin' out. We settled on Wall-E and headed out.

I think Jack has only been to the theater once or twice, so he is still very excited about the whole experience. Jaden could care less about the movie, it is really about the junk food for her. So, when the previews are over, Jack has a pile of popcorn in his lap and the fireworks are shooting over the Disney castle on the big screen. He looks over at me with the biggest grin he can create and says, "It's boo-tee-full mommy!!!!" He was sooooo happy. Jaden was her normal self and pretty much talked non-stop through the whole movie. I swear the only time that child is quiet is when she is sleeping.

So here is where the best/worst mom in the world part comes in...

We all enjoyed the movie (excpet for Jaden who has no idea what she saw) and were headed home at about 8pm when Jaden has an epiphany in the back seat.... "Mom, we ate popcorn, candy and slurpees for dinner!!!" Darby and I just about died laughing. I don't think I have EVER fed my children such a meal in all my nearly 13 years of parenting. That's dad's job and the kids know it - ha.

So, here I am, hoping no social worker is reading this and feeling secure that my kids thought, for just one day, that I am indeed the BEST mom in the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just about died laughing just reading Jaden's comment about dinner. I can only imagine how it sounded coming out of her mouth...too funny! I Love it :)