Thursday, January 04, 2007

Parent-teacher conference

Well, today, I met with Jack's teacher to see how he is doing. In short, she is amazed at how well he is doing. Her chief concern is whether she should allow him to eat so much. She even asked me if we had talked to our pediatrician about it! She said he eats adult size portions and that he seems to want to eat all the time. She says he eats his whole lunch and then goes over to Jaden and gets more from her. I sort of forgot to tell her that he eats like the Jolly Green Giant. I guess we are just used to it. He truly eats almost as much as 9 year old Carter! I guess that would be a bit of a shock for someone new on the scene. Especially since he is so little.

She says she has to keep her with him on the playground because he is so little she is afraid she will lose him. She also said what a great help Jaden is to him. I guess she followed him around his whole first day and made sure to tell everyone if he was unhappy about anything. She asked to nap next to him and reminds them to put his BAHA on as soon as he gets up. Jaden also gives me a nice little report at the end of the day telling me what he smashed in his lunch and if he fell down. Very cute.

His teacher also says she was impressed that he pulls her to the changing table when he needs a change and signs diaper change. Oh, and of course he signs "eat" really well. We went over the signs and she has been using them and is impressed with how well he knows and uses them. She says he repeats things she says and does really well in the classroom. No surprise to me - he is a pleasure for her to have him in her class!

Jack's new best friend is the step stool. He carries it around like a treasured blankie and uses it to reach all the things that tall people have placed up high. I know soon he will be sitting on the island in the kitchen with Sharpies making new designs on the tile....

No comments: